Tuesday 1 July 2008

Trash the dress - my thoughts by Nicola Bradley.

After my wedding I couldn't bring myself to put my beautiful dress away. I hung it outside my wardrobe and kept looking at it. I had such happy memories but felt sad at the same time. As you know after all the planning, excitement and stress your wedding dress is only worn for such a short time.

I couldn't decide what to do with my dress - have it cleaned and sell it, wrap it up and keep for a daughter...but would she have the same good taste! Cut it up for a Christening robe or a prom dress...my mind was buzzing.

Studio 25 told me about their 'Trash The Dress' sessions a few weeks before my wedding. As any bride to be knows, you are fixated with only your wedding day at this time and can't really think beyond that date.

After we had been on Honeymoon and life had settled down a bit, I went to see Debbie and Gareth at Studio 25 about booking 'Trash the Dress'.

Well, John and I had the most amazing afternoon. Debbie and Gareth took us on a photo shoot to Clitheroe Castle and Edisford Bridge where I walked through the river in my wedding dress, complete with veil and tiara! Studio 25 captured some amazing photos of us on swings, me being carried out of the water by John, running through the park barefoot, on a bandstand, my veil being blown in the air and some stunning portraits with Clitheroe Castle as a backdrop.

Studio 25 were brilliant with us. We didn't stop laughing from start to finish. Debbie and Gareth were full of ideas and encouraged us to add some of our own.

We felt so much more relaxed having these photos taken than on our actual wedding day. I had my hair and make-up done differently and felt that I could really have fun wearing my beautiful dress all over again.

Trash the Dress gave us an opportunity to recapture some happy memories from our wedding day but without all the pressure of worrying about being at the reception for a set time and keeping guests waiting...........this afternoon was just for us.

I feel much happier now to let my dress go to a good cause, and feel I really got my money's worth from it!

Nicola Bradley.

No comments: